Do you have RSD? Was it caused by an accident, or the negligence of another?
We are lawyers that represent clients who suffer from chronic pain, specifically Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in any location in California. Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome are also known as RSD and CRPS. Many people who live with these conditions don’t realize that they may be able to receive compensation which can help pay for treatment, bills and lost work time. If your pain is caused by someone else’s negligence, such as hitting you in a traffic accident or not warning you about a potential danger, we may be able to help you.
We have become specialized in representing injured parties who suffer from RSD and CRPS throughout the state of California. We have helped clients with Regional sympathetic Dystrophy and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome from San Diego, Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Francisco. We have helped numerous RSD victims put their lives back together, by correcting the injustice that now causes you pain. If your RSD arose from someone else’s wrongful conduct, we may be able to help.
Below are some additional resources to learn about RSD and CRPS:
- Burning or throbbing sensation sometimes characterized by lighting/shooting type pains.
- Generally located in an extremity of the body, such as the arm, hand foot or leg.
- The area that is in pain can also have swelling. The swelling tends to be intermittent, but always located in the same extremity where pain is occurring.
- The affected limb will occasionally have changes in skin color. The color may be either blushish, yellow or red. Sometimes red blotches will appear.
- The skin of the affected limb will often be tender, waxy, thin, or carry a sheen like consistency.
Causes of RSD:
RSD occurs after some impact or injury to the limb. Examples are crush injury, blunt force injury, fracture, or amputation. Other major and minor traumas such as surgery, heart attacks, infections, and sprained ankles- also can lead to complex regional pain syndrome.
The causes of RSD are not well known, but many doctors believe it is due to a dysfunction in the nervous system, which creates a feedback loop of pain, and an inappropriate inflammatory response.
Confirming an RSD Diagnosis
There is no single test that can determine definitively whether or not you have RSD or CRPS. The diagnosis is made upon a variety of factors occurring together.
Some of the tests used include:
- Bone Scans. RSD and CRPS sometimes causes bone changes. Viewing the bone density through a special camera gives doctors a better understanding and moves toward a better diagnosis.
- Nerve tests. Doctor’s diagnosing you want to understand if there are any disturbances in the sympathetic nervous system. They can evaluate sweat, blood flow, and other
- X-Rays and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which show damage inside the body.
- Skin temperature measurement. Doctors will often test the temperature of your skin as a factor to diagnosing RSD. The temperature of your skin can be measured with Infrared Thermometry, Laser Doppler Flowmetry and/or Infrared Thermography. All of these tests measure skin temperature differences for the purpose of tracking blood flow.
How to Get Help
You don’t have to face RSD alone. We have worked with countless individuals living with the same chronic pain, and we understand how hard it can be to perform even small daily tasks. We believe that you deserve a proper diagnosis, top quality treatment, and relief from your pain. And if your pain was caused by the actions of another, you should not have to pay for it.
When you come talk to us about your RSD, we want to make sure you have absolutely nothing to lose. That’s why we offer an in depth, completely FREE consultation. At your consultation we’ll help you evaluate whether you have a legal basis for seeking compensation, and how strong your case is. You’ll come away knowing exactly what options you have, with no obligation.
The only way to get compensation for your RSD pain is to take action. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to pursue your case. Contact us and let us help you evaluate your options. Get your free consultation today.
Photo courtesy of cinnachick
What Our Clients Say About Us
I could not be more satisfied with Ernst Law Group. Over the course of my case they were nothing but kind and friendly. When you’re in a situation where you need a lawyer it can be a very stressful time in your life. Ernst Law Group made me feel like everything was going to be okay, and I knew giving them my case was the right thing to do. These lawyers genuinely care about their clients and don’t just see you as a case file. My case could not have turned out better, and I owe everything to this law group for their devotion to their jobs and clients.Samantha Spelman
Enough cannot be said for the amazing job done for us by the Ernst Law Group. Their compassion and dedication to ‘doing what is right’ makes them go above and beyond in all that they do. After spending time and money on other local attorneys, Don, Taylor and Terry were a blessing to us. They never backed down even though our case was a very unusual case. Thank you Ernst Law Group.Mary Barrett
Best personal injury and wrongful death attorneys available! The whole team is friendly, works very hard, is knowledgeable, and will do their best to take care of their clients. The Ernst team is the best around!Hannah W.