The Ernst Law Group is proud to show our support of family members and caregivers of those with serious brain injuries through our annual $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is meant to help one deserving student whose life has been touched by a loved one’s injury.
In our work on behalf of injury victims, we have seen firsthand how serious and life-altering a head injury can be. Brain damage can have far-reaching effects on a person’s memory, their mobility, their talents, their work and even their personality. Most brain injury victims rely on those around them, especially family, to help them with day to day needs and the process of learning to manage their injury. The people who act as caregivers often have to face nearly as many changes as the injured individual does, and giving care can be daunting. A brain injury seldom affects just one person’s life.
As passionate advocates for injury victims, we at the Ernst Law Group want to recognize the efforts of caregivers and help them achieve their goals in life. Being a student is never easy, and often involves working a job as well as putting in long hours of study. This is particularly challenging for those who also care for a loved one with a brain injury. We hope that this scholarship will help make the road to education easier and allow caregivers to pursue the career they dream of.
We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity for education and that caring for a loved one should not be a barrier to success. We are happy to provide this scholarship and look forward to awarding it.
- You are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university
- You are, or have been, a caregiver of someone living with a serious brain injury
- You have a minimum 2.8 GPA
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your written essay (see below) and your completed application using the form below
Deadline for Applications: July 31
Please choose one of the questions below and write an essay of 500-1000 words.
- Tell us about a time that being the caregiver of a brain injury victim created an obstacle or special challenge and how you overcame it.
- How has being the caregiver of a brain injury victim affected your goals and dreams for the future?
- How did you learn to accept being the caregiver of a brain injury victim and how has this acceptance changed you?
How to Apply
To apply for the Ernst Law Group Brain Injury Caregivers Scholarship, please fill out our online application.