In the state of California, lost income and wages may occur when a person is in a motorcycle accident and unable to return to work. The inability to return to work may be temporary or permanent. When the victim of the motorcycle accident files a personal injury lawsuit, they are able to ask for different remedies. Those remedies include payments for any wages that were lost.

When a person is injured in a car accident and that injury is temporary, a judge may rule that the person responsible for the accident must pay any of the wages the victim lost or will lose until they can return to work. When the injury is permanent, a judge may rule that the victim be awarded a lump sum for any future wages that were lost. Additionally, the judge may order that the victim be awarded a sum of money to equal the cost of tuition for further education that would make the victim once again employable.

In addition to payments for lost wages, a victim may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits. This will be determined by the Social Security office and receiving such payments may render those issued by a judge for lost wages to cease.

If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and unable to return to work, it is recommended that you contact an attorney for expert legal advice. An attorney with experience in accident and personal injury law can guide you toward making the best decisions for your unique situation.