Wrongful Death Lawyer in Verde, CA

The death of a family member is always sad, but your family can be particularly hurt when that death is caused by someone else’s carelessness, recklessness, or criminal activity. 

focus on bunch of several fresh white roses on top of closed coffin lid

If you think your family member’s death was caused by any of these things, you may be able to file a claim that can bring a settlement to pay for your loss of companionship, your loved one’s funeral costs, and other losses. This type of legal action is called a wrongful death claim. 

You can work with a wrongful death lawyer in Verde, CA to see if your case has the factors needed to seek a settlement. Common situations that lead to a wrongful death claim include:

  • Car accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Workplace accidents
  • Murder or manslaughter
  • Careless security
  • Medical malpractice
  • Dangerous products
  • Dangerous medical drugs
  • Dangerous properties
  • Exposure to deadly substances or chemicals

You don’t have to deal with the financial losses of your loved one’s unfair death alone. Learn your legal rights and the strategies you could use to get a wrongful death settlement during a free appointment with a lawyer from the Ernst Law Group.

Your wrongful death lawyer will help you build a case, gather evidence, file your claim, and negotiate with insurers. Their services increase the chances that your claim will succeed and that you will receive the maximum amount of compensation available. You won’t have to pay for their services up-front, and you don’t have to pay at all unless they recover money for your loss.

Call (805) 586-0194 or contact us online to schedule your free, no-obligation case review today.

What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?

A wrongful death claim basically says that a death was directly caused by someone else’s negligence. In other words, it argues that the death wouldn’t have happened if the at-fault party (the defendant) hadn’t acted carelessly or recklessly.

Wrongful death claims are filed by surviving family members after a death, such as the deceased’s spouse or children. If the deceased did not have a spouse or child, the person who is next in line for the inheritance may be able to file the claim instead.

If the deceased or the state-appointed you are the executor of their will, you could also file a separate claim called a “survival action.” It allows you to seek money to repay the medical bills and other debts caused by the person’s death.

To learn more about whether you might be able to file one of these claims and how much your claim could be worth, schedule an appointment with a wrongful death lawyer in Verde, CA today.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.