Penetrating brain injuries occur when the bones of the skull are broken and a foreign object pierces or enters the brain. Penetrating brain injuries are also called open head injuries. Penetrating brain injuries are often caused by projectiles, as a certain amount of force is necessary to breach the skull and injure the brain.
Penetrating brain injuries can be caused by:
- Parts of a car or other motor vehicle
At The Ernst Law Group, we regularly represent individuals who have suffered penetrating brain injuries as a result of an accident, such as:
- Work Related Accident
- Car Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Act of Violence
If you have suffered a penetrating brain injury, we may be able to help you bring a claim against the person(s) responsible for your injuries. We may be able to help you recover compensation for things like:
- Medical Expenses – Medical expenses can include hospital care, ambulance rides, doctor’s visits, surgery, anesthesia, plastic surgery, physical rehabilitation, prescriptions and in-home medical care.
- Property Damage – If you suffered a penetrating brain injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to have your vehicle repaired at the other driver’s expense. If the vehicle cannot be repaired, you are entitled to be paid the fair market value of the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Lost Income – With any brain injury, returning to work can be extremely difficult if not ultimately impossible. If your injuries prevent you from working, you are entitled to compensation for the income you have lost.
- Pain & Suffering – Head injuries can be extremely painful. The civil court system allows for injured individuals to present evidence of the pain they have endured so that they can receive compensation for that suffering.
If you or a loved one has suffered a penetrating brain injury, we can help you get the money you are entitled to under the law. Call us today for a free consultation.