San Luis Obispo Highway Accident Lawyers
Accidents that occur on highways often result in severe injuries or death because vehicles are traveling at faster rates of speed than in local and suburban areas. Because semi-tractors, large trucks, commercial vehicles, motorcycles and passenger cars all share the same congested highways, there is always the possibility of an accident. The Ernst Law Group, with offices in San Luis Obispo, represents highway accident victims who have been injured as a result of the negligent conduct of others. Negligence can result from:
- Other drivers’ actions or failure to act
- Vehicle mechanical failure
- Poorly maintained highways
- Lack of signage and warning information
Highway Accidents Caused by Driver Negligence:
Many highway accidents are caused by the negligent actions of drivers. Sadly, many licensed drivers lack the skill and ability to drive safely. Their negligent actions result in severe injury, death and property destruction. Some of the common causes of highway accidents include:
- Stopping the vehicle on the highway. Obviously, a vehicle should never be stopped on a highway in moving traffic for any reason. One of the reasons that drivers stop is because an exit was missed; the driver attempts to stop the car and make a U turn.
- Driving in reverse. This is even more dangerous than stopping a vehicle on the highway because a vehicle that goes in reverse gains momentum. Cars that drive in reverse are struck in the rear by forward moving cars. The result is similar to a head on collision from the rear, often with deadly results.
- Switching lanes without caution. Drivers who switch lanes without looking in their mirrors and making sure that the lane is clear are inviting accidents to happen.
Common Causes of Driver Misconduct Resulting in Highway Accidents:
- Not using a turn or hand signal – Electronic and hand signals give other drivers the opportunity to prepare for a driver’s lane change or ramp entrance or exit. The lack of a signal increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Driver distraction – Driver distraction causes accidents because the vehicle operator is not paying full attention to the task at hand – driving the vehicle. Distracted driving includes fidgeting with the radio, turning around to see if the baby is ok in the car seat, talking with other passengers, texting, cellphone talking, grooming, eating and drinking.
- Driver fatigue – Driving with less than full attention and awareness causes accidents.
- Driving while impaired – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of the most egregious forms of misconduct that often results in severe injury and death.
San Luis Obispo Plaintiff’s Rights Law Firm Has The Resources to Win Your Case:
The Ernst Law Group is a plaintiff’s rights law firm. The attorneys at Ernst take a personal interest in their client’s cases. They understand how an accident can completely shatter the lives and futures of innocent drivers and passengers. If you were injured in a highway accident, your Ernst attorney will seek to obtain the compensation that you deserve. The Ernst Law Group has the resources to engage the services of experts such as accident reconstruction experts and engineers to properly investigate your accident in an effort to identify the specific causes of negligence and the negligent parties that contributed to your injuries.
San Luis Obispo Highway Accident Attorney Offers Complimentary Case Consultations:
Additionally, Ernst Law Group will utilize the skills of medical experts, life planners and accountants in order to arrive at an accurate compensation amount. A lawsuit will be filed; if the responsible parties do not offer a fair settlement, your Ernst highway accident lawyer will take the case to trial for a jury verdict and award. There are no up-front fees for your personal injury or wrongful death claim case; our fee is derived from a percentage of the final recovery amount. To schedule a free case evaluation, call The Ernst Law Group at (805) 541-0300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.